- Added ability to add attachments instead of just embedding media into an email
- Added ability to delete old drafts
- Added ability to duplicate drafts
- Added ability to filter by dates ( See more info in the dates help section )
- Added ability to filter by FA Reps
- Added ability to queue mail for a time and date
- Added ability to request override of unsubscribe list
- Added email summaries functionality
- Updated layout of build page
- Updated main layout to view drafts and email statuses
- Added option to not recieve undeliverable emails ( This is still in testing please let Isaac know if it does not work )
- Added President as sending option
- Moved the Send verification email and Show Email Fields buttons below the email body field.
- Optimized parts of building email
- Removed show preview step
- Initial Release
- Go to my.pit.edu
- Login and Click on staff
- Click on Mass Email
- Choose build an email on the right sidebar
- Choose who you would like to send it to
- Choose an email category
- Compose your email giving it a Name, Subject, Body, and select who to send it from ( The name and subject can usually be the same )
- Click on the send verification email button
- If all the correct fields are filled out then you will be sent a verification email into your inbox. However, if you are missing a field you will be sent to the top of the page where a red message will say what field is missing.
- If you are happy with your email then click on the verification link at the bottom of the email.
- Login again and then click send emails if you are happy with the email. Leave the window open until you see a screen that says your emails are being sent in the background please close this window.
There is a difference between attachments and embedded media. If you would like to add an attachment to your email, use the attachments section at the bottom of the build an email page to upload a file. Embedded media is more if you want to show a photo in the body of your email. This type of media can be added through the toolbar in the editor. Go to insert -> choose the type of media you want ( Image, Link, Media ) , Either enter the URL of the media or click upload, Either drop your media onto the upload section or browse for it on your computer. The media should then show up in the body of your email.
Supported types of attachments and uploadable embedded media:
*All uploads are limited to a max size of 5 Megabytes
There are several sections under the date filter that appear after you have chosen what groups you will be sending your email to. After you have selected who is to receive the email, click the add date range button. Below is a list of what categories have date selections and what date is used for each category. Please make sure you check that the category you want to send to actually does use the date you are expecting.
- Current Students and Current Students ( School Emails ): Student’s Start Date
- Future Starts: Student’s Expected Start Date
- Graduates: Student’s Graduation Date
- Non Active Leads: Latest Lead Date
- Welcome Back: Latest Lead Date
- If the media link you are inserting starts with data: then the image will not show up in an email.
- If you choose multiple sending categories. Some mail fields may not show up for all emails! For example, if you choose graduates and future starts, graduates will not see the mail field [ARBalance] but future starts will.
- If you are inactive for a while and leave the Email building page up then the emails will not send and your browser will be reloaded causing your built email to be deleted. Make sure you finish your email before the hour mark or back it up in a word or text document so that you do not loose your progress if your page refreshes.
- Sending to current staff will cause the sending address to be the current user’s email when sending to staff email addresses due to staff not having any other sending options.