Veterans Education Benefits

Most Programs at P.I.T. are approved for the use of VA benefits and standard admissions procedures apply to all veterans. New students should bring their Certificate of Eligibility or Notice of Basic Eligibility (NOBE). Veterans attending college for the first time need to obtain an Application for VA Education Benefits (VA Form 22-1990) from either a P.I.T. Financial Aid Advisor or the VA website ( This form and a Certificate of Eligibility should be presented to your Financial Aid Advisor as soon as possible before starting classes. After registration, a P.I.T. Financial Aid Advisor will certify the student’s enrollment electronically and keep a copy of the forms on file. Any changes in enrollment status (i.e., drops, adds, or withdrawals, change of major), must be reported to the VA as soon as they occur, so you must notify the Financial Aid office of any changes. For additional information regarding veterans’ benefits, refer to the Veterans Administration website:

Any individual who is entitled to educational assistance under chapter 31, Vocational Rehabilitation and
Employment, or chapter 33, Post-9/11 GI Bill® benefits are entitled to the following:


  • to be able to attend or participate in the course of education during the period beginning on the
    date on which the individual provides to the educational institution a certificate of eligibility for
    entitlement to educational assistance under chapter 31 or 33 (a “certificate of eligibility” can also
    include a “Statement of Benefits” obtained from the Department of Veterans Affairs’ (VA)
    website e-Benefits, or a VAF 28-1905 form for chapter 31 authorization purposes) and ending
    on the earlier of the following dates:

    • The date on which payment from the VA is made to the institution.
    • 90 days after the date the institution certified tuition and fees following the receipt of the certificate of eligibility.
  • not being charged any penalties, including the assessment of late fees, the denial of access to classes, libraries, or other institutional facilities, or the requirement that a covered individual borrow additional funds, on any covered individual because of the individual’s inability to meet his or her financial obligations to the institution due to the delayed disbursement funding from VA under chapter 31 or 33


For additional information about using your VA benefits at P.I.T., contact Kamira Evans, P.I.T. VA Liaison, at (610)-892-1504 or email; or the Financial Aid Director, Laura Blomgren at (610)-892-1536 or

GI Bill®” is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at: