Provides $250 for a student who demonstrates a serious commitment to academic success in a certificate program.
Applicants who are enrolled in a certificate program.
To apply, candidates for the Certificate Scholarship must:
- Submit a letter of recommendation by an instructor or program director who has observed the student’s commitment to academic excellence.
- The student will submit an essay that explains the student’s commitment to academic success measured by the following characteristics:
- High academic achievement
- Cooperative and collaborative behavior in class or online
- Demonstrates the determination to succeed despite life’s challenges
- Exhibits the highest level of professional behavior
- Be enrolled in a certificate program.
- Have completed at least one full term of classes.
- Be registered for 6 credits or more.
- Have at least a 3.0 cumulative GPA.
- Complete Financial Aid for the term in which the scholarship is being requested.
- An individual may only receive the Certificate Scholarship one time.
- Four (4) Certificate Scholarships will be awarded each year.
- Certificate Scholarships will be awarded in the order they are received each year.
No stipends are allowed.