W.W. Smith Scholars Program
This Scholarship, provided by the W.W. Smith Charitable Trust, provides $2,000 to $10,000 in scholarship funds to students in need.
Scholarship funds may be used for tuition and books. The scholarship payment will be applied to the student’s account in two payments to be determined by the scholarship committee.
Eligibility for Consideration
Students may participate in any of the College’s Academic Programs and must be:
- Enrolled full time
- A U.S. citizen, U.S. national, or U.S. permanent resident, as per federal guidelines.
- A permanent resident of one of these locations:
- Pennsylvania counties – Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery or Philadelphia
- City of Camden, New Jersey
- In good academic standing with cumulative and current (most recent term) grade point averages (GPA) at 2.5 or better. A minimum GPA of 2.5 must be maintained. If not, the student will have one term to improve their GPA or the scholarship will be forfeited.
- A student with demonstrated financial need
If selected as a final recipient of the scholarship:
- The student will have 15 days to write an original thank you letter to the funder, or they will forfeit the scholarship.
- The student must sign a consent form within 15 days to release information to the funder on the student’s educational progress, or they will forfeit the scholarship. The funder will hold all information confidential.
Interested students must submit:
- a letter of recommendation from an instructor or community leader
- an essay addressed to the W.W. Smith Scholars Program
- essay must detail applicant’s need/reason for request
Completed application is due: June 15th or September 15th
- An individual may reapply for the scholarship the following year